Сценарий проведения внеклассного мероприятия по английскому языку в 6-м классе. "Интеллектуальный марафон"
Ширяева Татьяна Сергеевна, преподаватель английского языка
1. Приветствие ведущего
Quiz-master: Good afternoon, children and our guests! I’m very glad to see you here. Now we shall organize a competition called “Intellectual Marathon”. Two teams will take part in a game of the most quick-witted and the cleverest. It’s time to introduce yourselves. Who is the captain of the 1st team?
P1: I’m the captain of the team. The name of our team is “Erudites”. Our motto is “Enjoy English!”
Quiz-master: Who is the captain of the 2nd team?
P2: I’m the captain of the team. The name of our team is “Optimists”. Our motto is “Learn English!”.
(Состав команд, их названия и девиз определяются заранее).
Quiz-master: Today all of you have a good chance to improve your English during the game. Now I’m going to teach you how to play this game. The game has 8 contests, they are:
- The ABC game.
- A magic 5.
- Parts and wholes.
- Proverbs and sayings.
- Hidden words.
- A tongue-twister.
- The right choice.
- Inventions and discoveries.
Well, I wish you success. Be active, honest and helpful! Remember 5 steps to success:
2. Основной этап
Quiz-master: And now we come to the 1st contest of the game called “The ABC game”. Kids, you’ll get some letters from the English alphabet. You must put the letters in the right order, so as to get the names of the English-speaking countries. You have 1 minute at your disposal. Each team can get 5 points.
(Карточки с буквами: I England, Australia, New Zealand.
IIAmerica, Canada, England).
Quiz-master: And now we come to the 2nd contest which is called “A magic 5”. Look at the square, each team will take turns in answering questions. You’ll choose any number. Captains will have an opportunity to choose the number.
You can get 5 points for the right answer.
(Квадрат с цифрами на доске)
- Say the English alphabet.
- Name 5 colours. (Red, blue, yellow, black, white)
- Name 5 sorts of vegetables. (Potato, tomato, cucumber, onion, beet)
- Name 5 school subjects. (Mathematics, Physics, Music, Literature, English)
- You’re lucky! You won a prize!
- Name 5 sorts of fruit. (Banana, pear, melon, cherry, apple)
- Name 5 sports. (Football, basketball, hockey, volleyball, golf)
- Name 5 professions. (Teacher, doctor, policeman, engineer, translator)
- Name 5 things that people wear. (Sweater, dress, blouse, trousers, jeans)
- Name 5 English names. (Paul, Kate, Mary, Tom, Elizabeth)
- Name 5 English-speaking countries. (The UK, The USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand)
- Name 5 wild animals. (Tiger, bear, wolf, hare, fox)
Quiz-master: The 3rd contest is called “Parts and wholes”. I need 1 pupil from each team. You should combine these parts so as to get a popular name. Who will be the first? You can get 1 point for each right answer.
1. Mickey a) Claus
2. Mary b) Duck
3. Robinson c) Pooh
4. Peter d) Mouse
5. Donald e) Poppins
6. Winny-the- f) Crusoe
7. Santa g) Pan
1d, 2e, 3f, 4g, 5b, 6c, 7a
Quiz-master: Our next contest is called “Proverbs and sayings”. Each team will get a list of words. You should rearrange the words so as to make up a proverb. You have 2 minutes for your disposal and can get 3 points for this assignment.
(Обе команды получают одинаковый набор слов, из которых должны получиться 3 английские пословицы).
- Better late than never.
- Two heads are better than one.
- East or West home is best.
Quiz-master: Attention, please! The 5th contest is called “Hidden words”. This round is for the captains. Find, please, the animals hiding in the following sentences!
Example: If I shout, he’ll hear me. (Fish)
1. Close the door at once! (Rat)
2. He’ll come to America tomorrow. (Cat)
1. Do good workers succeed? (Dog)
2. If Roger comes, we’ll begin. (Frog)
Quiz-master: The following task is for the rest . I need 1 pupil from each team. You should read the tongue-twister as quickly as you can 3 times.
(Скороговорки написаны на доске)
- Put your head on your bed. (для первой команды)
- Run round the playground. (для второй команды)
Quiz-master: The 7th contest is called “The right choice”. It’s very important to make the right choice in our life: the right choice of a color, a hobby, a friend etc. Each team should answer my questions. You’ll get the cards with the letters a, b, c. Choose the right answer and show us the card.
- The capital of England is a) London b) Paris c) Moscow.
- London stands a) the Volga b) the Mississippi c) the Thames.
- The symbol of England is a) a red rose b) a tulip c) a daffodil.
- The English flag is a) blue and white b) red and green c) red and white.
- Golf comes from a) Scotland b) Russia c) the USA.
- A. Bell invented a) a car b) a telephone c) a plane.
- Ch. Chaplin was a) an artist b) a composer c) an actor.
- Cricket comes from a) England b) Italy c) France.
- “Robinson Crusoe” was written by a) Lewis Carroll b) Daniel Defoe c) Alan Milne.
- The traditional Christmas meal in England is a) roast turkey b) fish and chips c) porridge.
Each team can get 1 point for the right answer.
Quiz-master: One more contest. It’s called “ Inventions and discoveries”. You should answer my questions. The team which answers the first and correctly wins. You can get 1 point for each right answer.
- Who invented the telephone? (Al. Bell)
- Who discovered America? (Ch. Columbus)
- Who invented the car? (H. Ford)
- Who created Donald Duck? (W. Disney)
- Who discovered Australia? (J. Cook)
- Who was the 1st man in space? (Y. Gagarin)
3. Заключительный этап. Подведение итогов игры
Quiz-master: Friends, do you like the game? Tell me your impressions, how do you like it, why, what was the most interesting, or the most difficult? What have you learn during it? Do you want to have smth like that again? Your wishes.
The score is … to … in smb’s favour. The team “…” is the winner.